Basics: Project 128
Project name: Overview of PAM8610 and LN-BT02 modules
Tags: PAM8610, LN-BT-02, PAM 8610 15W stereo class-D audio power amplifier with DC volume control, LN-BT-02, LN-BT02 Bluetooth receiver module
In this project, you needed these parts (Dear visitors. You can support our project buy clicking on the links of parts and buying them or donate us to keep this website alive. Thank you):
- PAM 8610 15W stereo class-D audio power amplifier with DC volume control 1 pc
3. Speakers 2 pcs 10-15W
4. Stereo Audio cable jack 3.5mm with cable 1 pc
5. Power supply 12V 2A 1 pc
We will learn about the PAM 8610 15W stereo class-D audio power amplifier with DC volume control, the LN-BT02 Bluetooth receiver module and how to use them together.
Understanding the PAM 8610 15W stereo class-D audio power amplifier with DC volume control.
The PAM8610 is a 15W (per channel) stereo Class-D audio amplifier
with DC Volume Control which offers low THD+N (0.1%), low EMI,
and good PSRR thus high-quality sound reproduction. The 32 steps
DC volume control has a +32dB to -75dB range. The PAM8610 runs off of a 7V to 15V supply at much higher efficiency than competitors’ ICs. The PAM8610 only requires very few external components, significantly saving cost and board space.
- 15W @ 10%THD/Channel Output into a 8Ω Load at 13V
- Low Noise: -90dB
- Over 90% Efficiency
- 32 Step DC Volume Control from -75dB to +32dB
- With Shutdown/Mute/Fade Function
- Over Current , Thermal and Short-Circuit Protection
- Low THD+N
- Low Quiescent Current
- Pop Noise Suppression
- Small Package Outlines: Thin 40-pin QFN 6mm*6mm Package
- Pb-Free Package (RoHS Complaint)
- Speaker output in Flat Monitor / LCD TVs / TV Projectors / LCD Monitors
- Can be used for Multi-Media Speaker System
- Speaker output amplifier in Notebook Computers
- Can be used for Portable Speakers, Portable DVD Players, Game Machines
- Can be used for Boom Box
- Can be used for Music Instruments
This amplifier module uses a QFN 6×6 mm package based 40 pins PAM8610 digital stereo amplifier IC. As this amplifier is a stereo amplifier, it has a stereo input and stereo output pin port where the output speaker can directly be soldered. The maximum output power is 15W per channel.
It also has an additional feature of mute switch functionality, which is very usable. The mute switch can be used to mute the power amplifier output when the switch is pressed or the mute port is shorted.
Low THD + N(0.1%) makes it a very low noise power amplifier that can be easily fitted in any musical amplifier related projects. It does not require a heatsink, which also saves additional board space. Irrespective of the heatsink, it could also provide thermal protection which is another essential feature for such a small wattage amplifier module.
Few things to be remembered during interfacing this module with power supply, input, and speakers :
- Do not exceed the power input more than 16.5V.
- Do not short circuit the audio output to each other or short it to the ground.
- Carefully check all connections before powering up the circuitry.
Please see the datasheet for more details about PAM 8610 here.
Alternative for TDA8932 Amplifier: TPA3118 (Mono 60W), TDA8932
Replacement of this PAM8610 Board: TDA7279 (15W +15W)
Understanding the LN-BT02 Bluetooth receiver module
- Bluetooth stereo dual speakers,pairing with a Bluetooth phone or computer, can wirelessly listen to music,but also as a wireless phone hands-free calling. Supported operating volume up/down and play / pause. Bluetooth devices after successful connection,when again open the Bluetooth will automatically connect .
- Bluetooth core using high quality chips, built-in enhanced signal transmission circuit.Bluetooth receiver stable, built ANC echo cancellation and AEC noise cancellation circuit. Handsfree no echo and noise.
Bluetooth specification: Bluetooth V4.0 + EDR
Transmission power: CLASS2
Bluetooth protocol: HFP V1.5 A2DP (1.1), AVCRP1.3
Hands-free agreement: 1.6
Transmission distance: 15M
Power supply voltage: 3.6-30V
Frequency response: 80Hz-22KHz
Output power: >600mV
Stereo separation level:> 50dB
Channel balance: <2dB
Signals and connections of the PAM 8610
R_IN – Right Channel Input
GND – Ground Channel Input (Common ground of both Right and Left Channel)
L_IN – Left Channel Input
L- Left Channel Output (GND)
L+ Left Channel Output (+)
+12V – Power input (+) [7-15V input, 12V Recommended]
SW1 – Mute Switch Connection
SW2 – Mute Switch Connection
R+ Right Channel Output (+)
R- Right Channel Output (GND)
Signals and connections of the LN-BT02 Bluetooth receiver module
Step By Step instruction
2.Connect power supply 12V 2A.
3. Go to Settings ->Bluetooth->and turn it On. In Devices, select your LN-BT02 Bluetooth receiver module.
4. After successful pairing you can listen songs.
We have learnt about the PAM 8610 15W stereo class-D audio power amplifier with DC volume control, the LN-BT02 Bluetooth receiver module and how to use them together.
Thank you for reading and supporting us.
- See attachments on the beginning of this project description.